Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Catching Up

Here's another travelogue post about my recent trip to St. John's.

I just have one more write up about Corner Brook and I also want to post a few more pictures of St. Anthony. After that I should be all caught up. One of these days I'd like to visit Gander and Grand Falls-Windsor which are the two cities in the middle of the province. Unfortunately, when I'm driving to St. John's I'm usually on mission to get there as quickly as possible so unless I plan on staying overnight in one of these cities I'll usually just drive through them. I'm also thinking about visiting southern Labrador given how close the Labrador Ferry is to St. Anthony (1.5 hours to the west). It'll have to wait until next year though because winter is fast approaching.

Starting last week I was noticing a layer of ice was forming on the puddles and this week we had snow that actually stayed on the ground during the day. Winter is starting to arrive!

My winter tires finally arrived at my dealership in St. John's which means I can now book that car maintenance appointment. It's going to be a little tight -- I'm going to drive down all day Thursday and spend the night in St. John's. Friday morning at 8 am I'm going to get my car checked out, get the studded winter tires on, and then dash back west across the island to catch a flight from Deer Lake to Halifax for a classmate's wedding. Yeah, it's crazy, but I'm nervously looking at the ice outside and this plan will minimize some of the driving I'll need to do. The St. John's visit will also allow me to do some last-minute wedding shopping and also try out the Thai restaurant in town.

I know I've been remiss in not talking about "Anesthesia School". I guess I'm a little reluctant because the events are still too recent. However, after the wedding I'll be taking a week off and I promise I'll have the posting up before the end of the month.

No comments: