Friday, March 20, 2009

It Ain't Spring

This is going to be a brief post seeing as I need to pack my bags tonight. We received word yesterday that the Anesthetist up in Goose Bay wanted a locum at the last minute. I'll be flying up tomorrow for a 6 day stint up in Labrador. It looks like this will be the furthest north I've ever been in my life (at least until I go to Yellowknife or Whitehorse!). Although I'll be on call 24/7, hopefully they'll let me pop out every now and then. I'm keen to try some skiing up there and if I see the aurora borealis that will make my year.

Today is indeed the first day of Spring and although it was above zero yesterday and the snow was melting, it is -11C again and it will be several degrees colder in Goose Bay. Apparently you can continue to ski until early April at which point things become unpredictable.

I'll post a write-up of my time in Goose Bay when I get back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that pic as the bg of your blog title is soo pretty! the water around toronto is so green compared to that X_X