Man, another long driving day today. Three to four days won't do this province justice especially since the driving distances involved are much greater than in the other maritime provinces. In addition, I sort of planned on spending a less-than-adequate amount of time in Newfoundland since I'm going to be living here for the next year or so; I'll have more opportunities later to catch up on what I missed. I'm also starting to get a little weary from this 2 week road trip and I planned for the possibility of cutting the trip short in Newfoundland.The only sight seeing I did today was to swing by Trinity, Nfld. for some pictures. For those who don't know, Trinity was the site for the movie "The Shipping News". Very little has changed in this little town for the past few hundred years which is why it was chosen.
I drove past Marble Mountain just outside of Cornerbrook -- I could see why it was hyped as "the best skiing in Atlantic Canada". I haven't seen any ski-able slopes until today.
Well, this will be a short post today since I didn't do very much other than drive. I'm looking forward to the last highlight of my trip: Gros Morne. Unfortunately, it's going to rain for most of the day tomorrow so that might throw a wrench into my plans...
4 comments:
I'm loving your blog Hoi. I feel like I can hear you talking when I read it. Congratulations on nearly finishing your journey. I can't wait to see/hear about Gros Morne.
Toronto is very wet.
DC and I had a PEA arrest. Survived OR but succumbed four days later. That was difficult.
Hoi -- glad you got to Trinity. We went there on vacation in 2006 and had a great time (actually, we were in St Johns and in Port Rexton, right near Trinity, for four days each. We should compare pix.
TW, that's harsh. It sounds like it was completely unexpected. Hopefully the autopsy (if one was done) will answer some questions.
Er, heh heh heh, I was only in Trinity for a brief time. Long enough to grab breakfast and snap some photos from across the bay. I'll upload my pix in a bit. It's interesting that Nfld. seems to have a pretty good cottage industry on the east coast. Based on what I've seen, there are some lovely little towns to kick back and relax in.
Post a Comment