I just sent out an announcement about my blog to my friends and family. I'm not quite sure what's going to happen next: I'm not expecting this blog to become an active social hub (a la Facebook) and I do take a dim view on excessive online socializing. Nonetheless, I also hope I'm not firing off electrons into the internet just for my own amusement.
Speaking of Facebook, I have delayed joining these online social networks despite having received several invitations for the same reasons I have delayed starting a blog. A med school colleague commented that he thought I would have signed up long ago! However, I currently believe Facebook is evil and it has an unlimited potential for wasting time (a rant for another day...) But, I concede that I'll have to join eventually -- with only an absolute minimum profile so I can check in on long lost acquaintances.
So, my approach to this blog is to have a high signal-to-noise ratio -- it won't be a daily diary and I'll try to keep rambling to a minimum. Also, for the non-medical people out there, any posts about my work and interactions with patients will be deliberately vague -- confidentiality prevents me from giving any details which may identify any patient. Considering I'll be working in a small-town this restriction will be especially important.
I'm going to head out the door soon for lunch with mom and then have a short break followed by dinner at a friend's place. I leave tomorrow afternoon for Montreal.
The excitement is building.
2 comments:
All the best with your journey. Keep us posted and don't forget to let us know when you will be back in TO.
Oh, as with Facebook, resistance is futile. But I have to admit now that the novelty has worn off, I hardly get on there any more.
Enjoy your last authentic dim sum for a long time to come :-).
Be safe on the road.
exciting and probably a bit scary at the same time! watch out for the moose and remember us Toronto folks.
Post a Comment