Friday, July 11, 2008

T minus 2 days: Road Trip Introduction

I commented to friend and colleague of mine the other day that "my social life has quadrupled in the past week!". Although I finished my last day of residency only 2 weeks ago, it feels like a distant memory now. In addition to the planning and preparation that goes into a 2 week road trip I've also been taking the time to meet and catch up with friends, have profound philosophical discussions with my dad (he wants me to get married), and eat ethnic food like there's no tomorrow.

My preparations are complete: I have a daily itinerary sketched out thanks to a guide book I bought, all my accommodations are set, and I just bought a poor-man's GPS (Microsoft Streets and Trips 2008 installed on my laptop) to prevent me from getting lost.

I have a few more social engagements for tomorrow and then a dim sum lunch with the family on Sunday before I head off on the first leg of my trip.

In the meantime, I hope to gradually master the Blogger tools and improve the appearance of this blog. First priority is to try to get some images up.

No comments: